Thermafleece CosyWool Flexible Slab
Thermafleece CosyWool Flexible Slab
Thermafleece CosyWool Flexible Slab is versatile insulation rich in British sheeps wool and is the ideal choice if you are looking for all round thermal and acoustic performance, along with value for money.
Thermafleece is made from 75% British Wool and 25% recycled polyester fibres - a combination that outperforms alternative products with a higher percentage of wool. The rich wool blend ensures you get the full benefit of sheep’s wool with enhanced performance, breathability, durability and sustainability. Perfect sustainable insulation for roofs, lofts, walls and floors.
CosyWool Slabs are flexible but denser than CosyWool Rolls and sized to provide extra tight friction fit in walls and roofs providing excellent thermal and acoustic performance.
- Roofs – Loft & warm roof
- Walls – Timber frame & solid (internal)
- Floors – All levels above DPC
- Acoustic – Walls, floors & roofs
Why Insulate with the CosyWool Slab?
Insulating a property will significantly reduce the amount of energy lost from the building envelope, reducing energy consumption and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere.
Affordable: CosyWool Slab is designed to minimise up-front cost making wool-based insulation more affordable to a wide range of end users. What’s more, the energy it saves means Thermafleece CosyWool quickly pays for itself.
Long Lasting: Thermafleece CosyWool Slab contains a lofting agent to maintain durability, fibre stability and structural integrity creating a long-lasting insulation.
Quality Assured: Thermafleece CosyWool Slab is manufactured and supplied in accordance with ISO 9001 qms.
Sustainable: Thermafleece CosyWool Slab can reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes over the lifetime of use. What’s more, wool fixes carbon dioxide helping reduce greenhouse gas levels.
Breathable: Insulating with breathable natural fibres can contribute to more stable humidity and moisture levels within buildings. This can help improve the health of the building and the occupants.
Safe: Thermafleece CosyWool Slab is safe to handle and can be recycled or safely disposed of at the end of its life.
Thermafleece CosyWool Slab is harmless and can be installed without gloves or protective clothing, although we recommend you wear a dust mask in enclosed spaces such as lofts. Thermafleece CosyWool is not irritating to the skin, eyes or respiratory tract.
To retain the benefits of water vapour, absorption and release, Thermafleece CosyWool roll may be used in conjunction with a vapour permeable underlay. Protect the insulation from prolonged exposure to sunlight when unpacked and avoid wetting for extended periods, store under cover and clear of the ground.
Thermafleece can be safely and easliy torn apart, but if you need a more accurate edge then we recommend the 'Roll and Cut' method using a sharp scalloped edge knife or an insulation saw:
- For an accurate length. Roll the insulation as tightly as possible along the width. Measure where you need to cut then taking the insulation saw / knife easily cut through. This provides a nice, neat edge and is an alternative to tearing by hand.
- To cut the width of the roll: Keep the insulation rolled and do not unwind. Measure the required width that you need then using the knife or insulation saw begin to cut through the whole roll.
You can also cut Thermafleece by tightly compressing or clamping the insulation between two pieces of solid 15mm board. Overhang the fleece where you want to cut keeping the two board edges aligned. Saw cut the edge using a sharp, scalloped edged knife and keep the blade firm and square against both board edges throughout. Trim any fine remaining fibres with large scissors or shears.
Key Facts and Specification
- Thermal Conductivity – 0.038 W/mK
- Sound Absorption – NRC 1.05 @ 100mm
- Sound Reduction – Rw 40dB @ 75mm
- Highly Breathable
- Made in the UK
- Contains British Wool
- Recycled Polyester Content: 25%
- Can be recycled
- Water Absorption (@100% RH): 30% w/w
- Specific Heat Capacity: 1800 Jkg-1K-1
- Mould Resistance: CUAP 2002-01-25: Pass
- Moth/Beetle Proofing: ISO 3998: Pass
- Vapour Resistivity: 9 MN·s·g-1m-1
- BS 5803-4, Flammability & Smoulder Resistance: Pass
- EN11925-2, Reaction to Fire: Pass
- Fire Classification: EuroClass E
- Recoverability and thickness, EN 823: Pass
- Dimensional stability to EN 1604: Pass
- GWP (A1-A3) inc. biogenic carbon: 0.06 kgCO2e for R1
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Resistance (Km2W)|